Build a Better Budget
Top five features of Build a Better Budget:
- Compares President Obama’s FY2013 budget proposal, the House budget created by Congressman Paul Ryan, and the Congressional Progressive Caucus budget;
- Provides a robust conduit for tool users to take action by sharing their budget priorities with Congress, their colleagues, and their friends;
- Projects the potential impact of sequestration – the across-the-board spending cuts set to take place in January 2013;
- Projects the impact of extending the Bush-era tax cuts, which are set to expire in December, as well as other proposed changes to the tax code;
- Looks at the long-term impact of decisions Congress may make on the federal deficit, Pentagon spending, job creation, and Medicare.
Build a Better Budget is part of a suite of Fiscal Cliff materials being released this week by NPP. National Priorities Project is a non-profit, non-partisan federal budget research organization. NPP’s mission is to make complex federal budget information transparent and accessible so people can prioritize and influence how their tax dollars are spent. Check out “Build a Better Budget” at: http://bit.ly/BuildaBetterBudget